(Learner Extension & Acceleration Programme)
To design an academic extension program to enhance the mainstream curriculum with a view to optimizing the very capable child’s progress. Pupils are fully integrated with the school.
The establishment of the Hillcrest Primary LEAP Unit in 2009 arose to provide an accelerated academic program for high achievers. The program caters primarily for current HPS pupils, but “outside” applications are also considered.
Learner Extension & Acceleration Programme
- 3 SP classes (5, 6 and 7)
- Teacher / Pupil Ratio 1:15
- Interactive whiteboards / interactive projectors with internet access, in classrooms
- Flexible timetable to allow for in-depth study
- Additional day excursions and visiting authorities
- Pupils work on personal laptops provided by parents